Introduction to Economics
This is the website for an Introduction to Economics. Please click on the links to take you to the appropriate section of the site. In the meantime here are some useful links.
- Dasgupta, P. (2007) Economics. A Very Short Introduction. Oxford, Oxford University Press. Really a tract on wealth and poverty than an introduction but interesting nonetheless.
- Goodwin, M. (2012) Economix. How Our Economy Works (And Doesn’t Work). New York. A cartoon historical overview of economics – very handy!
- Gwartney, J. D. et al. (2005) Common Sense Economics. New York.
- *Kishtainy, N. et al. (2012) The Economics Book. London, DK Publishing. Very useful historical overview. The model for this course.
- Klein, G. and Bauman, Y. (2009) The Cartoon Introduction to Economics. New York. Two volumes. One on microeconomics the other on macroeconomics. Nice.
The Wikipedia list, surprisingly, does not include the critically acclaimed Glengarry Glenross.